Get set for an amazing cinnamon cake that’s both moist and scrumptious, topped with gooey pecans!
- For the Cinnamon Cake:
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon of Unsweetened Almond Milk (200ml, or any plain milk)
- 1 tablespoon of White Vinegar
- 1/3 cup of Sunflower Oil (80ml)
- 1 cup + 2/3 cup of Granulated or Golden Sugar (170g)
- 1 teaspoon of pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 cup + 2/3 cup of All-Purpose Flour (200g)
- For the Caramel Pecan Topping:
- 1/2 cup of melted Butter (110g, go for vegan butter sticks if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of Light Brown Sugar (110g)
- 3 tablespoons of Corn Syrup (or you can use maple syrup or golden syrup) (36ml)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 cup of Pecan Halves (100g)
For the Cake:
Mix warm milk and vinegar in a bowl. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then add sugar, oil, and vanilla. Whisk it all together until the sugar dissolves. In another bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, then mix them into the liquid mixture. Pour this batter into a prepared baking tin. Important tip: Place the cake pan on a baking tray before baking to catch any caramel spills.
Bake for around 40-45 minutes or until it feels firm when touched. Let the cake cool in the pan for 45 minutes at room temperature. Flip the pan onto a serving plate, tap the bottom gently to release the cake, then let it cool further on a wire rack. Ready to enjoy!
For the Topping:
In a saucepan, mix brown sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, and salt. Let them melt on medium heat until the sugar almost dissolves. Even if it looks like the butter separated, keep stirring for a minute—it'll come together. Add the pecans, stir until they're all coated with the caramel.
Preheat the oven to 360°F and lightly grease an 8-inch round cake pan with oil. Pour the pecan mixture into the pan, spreading it evenly. Now, get the cinnamon cake batter ready. You're on your way to a delightful treat!
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können