Get ready for these bakery-style cupcakes that are seriously soft and fluffy, topped with a vanilla buttercream frosting that’s just the right amount of sweet. The trick? Whipping some cream into the frosting for that extra fluffy texture. And guess what? It’s a breeze to make!
- For the Cupcakes:
- 3/4 cup of Milk (200ml, almond milk or your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of White Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Plain Unsweetened Yogurt (20g, almond or any kind)
- 2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar (140g)
- 1/4 cup of Canola Oil (60ml)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon of Corn Starch (10g)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 1/4 cups of All-Purpose Flour (150g)
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
- For the Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, cubed (220g, vegan or any butter you like)
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar, sifted (240g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon of Whipping Cream (20ml, vegan or your choice)
- A drop of Red/Pink food color (optional)
For the Cupcakes:
Mix milk, vinegar, and yogurt in a bowl. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then add sugar, oil, and vanilla. Mix until the sugar is almost dissolved. Combine and sift all the dry ingredients, then mix them into the liquid mix. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way and bake at 350°F for 13-15 minutes until they’re firm to touch.
For the Frosting:
Beat butter for 2 minutes until soft and fluffy. Add sifted powdered sugar and beat for 4-5 minutes or until it’s all well combined and fluffy. Pour in the whipping cream, mix for a couple more minutes, and add a drop of food color if you want. Pipe or swirl the frosting onto the cupcakes using a nozzle or an ice cream scoop and spoon. Get ready to enjoy these treats!
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können