- 3 cups of all-purpose flour (about 420g)
- 1/4 cup of sugar (about 60g) - you can add more if you like it sweeter, just remember that more sugar makes the dough more fragile
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (about 2g)
- 1 3/4 sticks of frozen butter, cubed (about 200g)
- 2 large eggs (about 100g)
- 1 tablespoon of cold milk (about 14g)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the cubed frozen butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, work the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate small bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Then, add them to the flour mixture.
- Drizzle in the cold milk, and mix until the dough comes together. It should be cohesive but not too sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead it gently until it's smooth.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the chilled dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use heart-shaped cookie cutters to cut out as many hearts as you can.
- Place half of the heart shapes on the prepared baking sheet. Spoon your desired filling onto the center of each heart, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Carefully place another heart-shaped dough over each filled one. Use a fork to press the edges together and seal the pastries.
- Brush the tops of the pastries with a little beaten egg for a shiny finish, if desired.
- Bake the pastries in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Once baked, remove the pastries from the oven and let them cool slightly on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy your delicious heart-shaped pastries for Valentine's Day!
Ich bin Katrina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können