Check out this insanely delicious vegan pumpkin bread—soft, fluffy, and oh-so-moist! This recipe uses a whole can of pumpkin puree, loads of warm spices, and the best part? It all comes together in just one bowl.
- Wet ingredients for pumpkin bread:
- 15 ounces (425g) pumpkin puree (canned or homemade)
- 1 cup (190g) packed light brown sugar or granulated cane sugar
- ½ cup (125g) neutral-flavored oil
- ⅓ cup (85g) dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds or ground chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, or lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Dry ingredients for pumpkin bread:
- 2 ¼ cups (280g) all-purpose plain flour (spooned and leveled)
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (homemade blend works too)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- To decorate:
- ½ cup (60g) raw pumpkin seeds
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8-inch (20 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
Preparing the pumpkin bread:
- Combine the wet ingredients, including the sugar, in a large mixing bowl, whisking until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until you've got a smooth batter without any big lumps of flour or wet streaks. Don't fret if the batter looks a bit curdled due to the pumpkin puree consistency.
- Pour or scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pan, smoothing out the top with a spoon. If you fancy, sprinkle the loaf with pumpkin seeds.
Baking the pumpkin bread:
- Bake for roughly 1 hour and 5 minutes, though keep an eye on it—ovens can vary! The bread is ready when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, with perhaps a few moist crumbs.
- Let it cool in the tin for about 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Once it's at room temperature, grab a serrated knife and dig in! This bread is fantastic as is or toasted with some vegan butter.
As for leftovers, stash them in an airtight container. It's good for 3 days at room temp, 5 in the fridge, or up to a month in the freezer—though, honestly, it rarely lasts that long in my house!
DAS KÖNNTE DIR AUCH GEFALLEN:
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können