Here’s an easy recipe for soft, fluffy vegan pumpkin dinner rolls—just 6 ingredients! They’re perfect to accompany cozy Fall and Winter meals.
- Vegan Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- 3 ½ cups (440g) all-purpose plain flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1 cup (200g) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup (120g) warm dairy-free milk
- ½ cup (115g) softened vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons (25g) granulated sugar or maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Pinch of salt (if using unsalted vegan butter)
- Vegan 'Egg Wash'
- ▢1 tablespoon maple syrup or any light-colored liquid sweetener
- ▢1 tablespoon melted vegan butter, oil, or water
Prepare the pumpkin dinner rolls:
- Combine all dough ingredients, including the yeast, in a stand mixer bowl with the dough hook or a large mixing bowl.
- Using a stand mixer, knead the dough for 5-10 minutes until it's soft and stretchy. If mixing by hand, combine ingredients with a wooden spoon, then knead on a lightly floured surface until soft and stretchy.
- Adjust dough consistency: add more flour if sticky, or more milk if dry. Softer dough makes softer rolls!
Rest the dough:
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm spot until it doubles in size (about 1 hour).
Shape and bake:
- Divide the risen dough into 12 equal pieces (about 75g each) and shape each into a smooth ball.
- Grease an 11 x 6 inch (28 x 15 cm) baking dish or line it with parchment paper.
- Arrange the dough balls in the dish, cover, and let them rise in a warm place for another hour until they expand by 50%.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Bake the rolls for 22-28 minutes until golden brown and fully baked.
Serve the dinner rolls:
- Mix the 'egg wash' ingredients in a bowl. While the rolls are warm, brush the tops with the glaze.
- Optionally, sprinkle with flaked salt or pumpkin seeds.
- Enjoy warm with vegan butter! Best when fresh but store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. Warm before serving.
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können