This Apple Cinnamon Bread is something else! It’s packed with stewed cinnamon apples, topped with a buttery brown sugar crumble, and finished with a sweet vanilla maple glaze. Perfect for that cozy Fall feeling!
- Apple Filling:
- 3 cups chopped apples (about 300g, dice them no larger than ½ inch)
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar (about 45g)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted (56g)
- ¼ cup sunflower oil (60ml)
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar (110g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract (5ml)
- ½ cup full-fat yogurt at room temperature (120ml)
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon milk at room temperature (90ml)
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour (about 250g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Crumble Topping:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (71g)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (25g)
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar (30g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (56g)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Maple Glaze:
- ½ cup icing sugar (60g)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (45ml)
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Let's start with the apple mix. Cook apples, sugar, and cinnamon in a saucepan over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes until softened. Once they're done, let them cool completely. If there's too much liquid left, simmer it separately until thickened and mix it back in with the apples.
Now, onto the crumble topping. Combine all the crumble ingredients until it looks like damp crumbs. Set it aside for later.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
For the batter, mix melted butter, oil, sugars, vanilla, and eggs until well-blended. Add yogurt and milk. Then sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Fold it into the wet mixture gently.
Spoon a bit over half of the batter into the pan, then add the cooled apples, leaving some space around the edges. Dollop the remaining batter over the apples and spread it gently to cover them.
Sprinkle the crumble on top and bake for 50-60 minutes until the center feels firm and a skewer comes out clean. Let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack.
Lastly, whisk together the glaze ingredients until super smooth and drizzle it over the cooled loaf. Time to dig in and enjoy this goodness!
DAS KÖNNTE DIR AUCH GEFALLEN:
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können