Get ready for a soft, fluffy pumpkin cake with all those cozy spices, pecans, and a dreamy thick cream cheese frosting topped with toasted pecans!
- Cake Batter:
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter (56g)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil (45ml)
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar (165g)
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree (120ml)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (5ml)
- ½ cup milk (120ml)
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour (215g)
- ⅓ cup chopped toasted pecans (45g) plus extra for topping
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ block cream cheese, softened (125g)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened (42g)
- ¾ cup icing sugar (90g)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Let's kick off by preheating the oven to 325 degrees F and lining your 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
In a big bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, and brown sugar. Add the egg and mix until it's all well blended. Toss in the pumpkin puree, vanilla, and milk.
Now, add in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and that cozy spice. Whisk it all together until it's perfectly combined.
Time for the flour! Add half of it and mix gently. Once that's mostly mixed, toss in the rest of the flour along with those delicious chopped pecans. Gently fold it all in.
Pour this glorious batter into your prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Bake it for about 25-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. If you're using a 9-inch pan, it'll be closer to 25 minutes. Let your masterpiece cool on a wire rack.
Now, for the frosting! Grab a medium bowl and blend together the soft cream cheese, butter, icing sugar, and vanilla until it's smooth, creamy, and fluffy.
Once your cake is cooled, spread that luscious frosting all over it and sprinkle some extra toasted pecans on top. Time to indulge in this pumpkin heaven!
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können