Get ready for the most decadent Espresso Chocolate Pecan Pie you’ll ever taste! This deep dish delight has a thick, silky, creamy chocolate filling that’s simply indulgent. Perfect for celebrating, especially during the holidays – a real treat for yourself!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (160g)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (21g, I prefer this one)
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar (55g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons soft unsalted butter (100g)
- 1-2 teaspoons cold water (5-10ml)
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar (110g)
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100g)
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup golden corn syrup (120ml)
- ¼ cup light cream (60ml)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (28g)
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (5ml)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (5ml)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (70% cocoa) melted (113g)
- 1 ½ cups pecan halves (200g)
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (85g)
Start by lightly brushing an 8-inch pie dish with melted butter. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
For the crust, mix flour, cocoa, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl until well blended. Add soft butter and rub it in with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs. Sprinkle in cold water gradually until the mixture is moistened and clumpy. Press it into the prepared pie dish evenly along the bottom and up the sides, even if it seems thin due to its depth.
Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes until it darkens slightly and feels dry. Let it cool while you prepare the filling.
For the filling, whisk together brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, corn syrup, cream, melted butter, espresso powder, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Stir in melted chocolate, pecans, and chocolate chips. Pour this luscious mixture into the cooled crust, making sure it's evenly spread.
Bake for 40-50 minutes until the top is deeply browned and there's a slight jiggle in the middle. After the first 20 minutes of baking, tent a piece of aluminum foil over the top to prevent excessive browning on the edges. Once done, let the pie cool completely on a wire rack—the filling will settle beautifully as it cools.
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können