How about a lemony twist with this Pistachio Cake? It’s a simple, moist single layer cake topped with a luscious lemon cream cheese frosting that’s perfect for any occasion.
- Pistachio Cake Batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (142g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder (optional)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150g)
- ⅓ cup finely ground roasted, unsalted pistachios (40g)
- ¼ cup olive oil or sunflower oil (60ml)
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- ½ cup full-fat yogurt (120ml)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup milk at room temperature (60ml)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract (5ml)
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ cup very soft cream cheese (125g)
- ⅔ cup whipping cream (160ml)
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar (50g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (5ml)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or almond extract (5ml)
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
Let's start with the cake batter. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and, if you have it, matcha powder into a large bowl. Mix in the sugar and ground pistachios until everything's evenly combined.
In another bowl, whisk together the oil, egg, yogurt, milk, and vanilla until you've got a smooth blend.
Now gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones until they're just combined. No need to overmix—just until it all comes together nicely.
Pour this delightful batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean from the center. After baking, let the cake cool in the pan for 20 minutes, then move it to a cooling rack.
Next, the frosting! Beat the soft cream cheese until it's smooth. Add in 2 tablespoons of cream and beat until it's smooth with no lumps. Gradually add the rest of the cream and beat until soft peaks form. Then gradually beat in the sugar until it's thick enough to spread. Mix in the lemon juice and almond extract. Once the cake's cooled, spread this creamy goodness on top and sprinkle crushed pistachios for that perfect finish!
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können