Get ready for an amazing brown butter cheesecake experience that will change your life! This cheesecake is all about that maple and brown butter magic with a double-layered brown butter graham cracker crust that covers the bottom and sides—utterly divine!
- For the Brown Butter Graham Cracker Crust:
- 14 tablespoons (196g) unsalted butter
- 3 cups (420g) ground graham crackers (about 3 sleeves), regular or gluten-free
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- For the Maple Brown Butter Cheesecake:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 (8-ounce) blocks full-fat Philadelphia cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup (325g) pure maple syrup
- 3 large eggs + 1 egg yolk, room temp
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (240g) sour cream, room temp
- 2 cups (480ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Extra graham cracker crust, for sprinkling
- Pure maple syrup, for drizzling
Brown Butter Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9″ springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Brown the 14 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan over medium heat until it turns amber and gives off a nutty aroma. Pour into a dish to cool.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Add 14 tablespoons of brown butter and combine.
- Transfer 1/3 of the mixture aside. Press the rest into the pan and bake for 8 minutes. Let it cool.
Maple Brown Butter Cheesecake:
- Lower the oven temperature to 325°F. Place a large roast pan with boiling water on the bottom rack.
- Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, and cornstarch until smooth. Gradually add maple syrup.
- Add cooled brown butter bits, vanilla, eggs (one at a time), and sour cream on low speed until smooth.
- Pour half the batter onto the crust. Sprinkle most of the reserved crust over it. Pour the remaining batter, keeping the surface even.
- Pour boiling water into the roast pan. Place the cheesecake above it and bake for 1 hour 30 mins.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake inside for 45 minutes. Rest at room temperature for 30 mins and chill overnight.
- Remove the springform ring and transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate.
- Whip the heavy cream and sugar until soft peaks form. Top the cheesecake with whipped cream, remaining crust, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Enjoy!
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können