These vegan pumpkin cupcakes are like little pillows of pumpkin goodness, full of pumpkin puree and those cozy spices we all love! And guess what? You only need one bowl to make them!
- Wet ingredients for pumpkin cupcakes:
- 1 cup (225g) pumpkin puree, canned or homemade (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¾ cup (190g) dairy-free milk
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (95g) packed light brown sugar or granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup (85g) neutral flavored oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dry ingredients for pumpkin cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups (190g) all-purpose plain flour, spooned and leveled or weighed
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Cream cheese frosting and decorations:
- ¾ cup (170g) vegan butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (190g) vegan cream cheese, room temperature
- 3-4 cups (300g-400g) powdered sugar or icing sugar, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Biscoff pumpkins
- Pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
Let's bake those pumpkin cupcakes:
Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. If you're using paper liners, give them a light spray or brush with oil.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients until they're nicely combined. Then add the dry ingredients to the same bowl and mix until everything's blended together. Remember, a few lumps in the batter are perfectly fine.
Scoop the batter into your muffin pan, filling each cup about two-thirds full.
Pop those cupcakes into the oven for 22-27 minutes. To check if they're done, insert a toothpick into the center of a cupcake - it should come out clean or with just a few moist crumbs, not wet batter.
Let your cupcakes cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then move them to a cooling rack.
Now, let's frost and decorate:
In a large bowl, beat the butter until it's light and fluffy. Add the vegan cream cheese and mix until just combined (about 30 seconds). Gradually add the sugar and beat until the frosting firms up. Remember, don't overmix, or it might soften again. If needed, add more powdered sugar for a firmer frosting. Chill until you're ready to frost.
Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, use a spatula or piping bag to generously frost them. Sprinkle some extra pumpkin spice and top them with mini pumpkins or anything else you fancy.
Serve those cupcakes straight away. You can keep the unfrosted ones in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If they're frosted, store them in the fridge for up to 5 days. To freeze, store the unfrosted cupcakes in a freezer-safe container for up to 1 month (keep the frosting separately) and thaw them to room temperature before serving.
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können