My Snickerdoodle Layer Cake is an absolute delight with three layers of airy cinnamon cake filled with cinnamon cream cheese frosting and snickerdoodle cookie crumbles. The top is adorned with a cinnamon ganache drip that takes it to the next level!
- For the cake:
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 6 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups (9 ounces) cake flour
- 1 ¾ cups (12 ¼ ounces) granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- For the cinnamon cream cheese frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 1/2 cups (18 ounces) powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon roll LorAnn flavoring (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- For the cinnamon ganache:
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3 8-inch round cake pans.
- Combine milk, egg whites, and vanilla extract in a bowl. In a stand mixer bowl with the paddle attachment, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt on low speed. Add butter gradually until it forms pea-sized pieces, about 1 minute. Reserve ½ cup of the milk mixture and pour the rest into the flour mixture. Mix on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 1 minute. Reduce to medium-low, add the reserved ½ cup milk mixture, and mix until combined, about 30 seconds. Don’t overmix. The batter may look curdled. Give it a final stir by hand with a spatula.
- Divide batter between pans. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs. Let the cakes cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat butter for 5 minutes in a stand mixer. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, flavoring, salt, and cinnamon. Beat until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add cream cheese gradually and beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Assemble the cake by placing snickerdoodle cookies in a zip-top bag and breaking them into pieces. Fill a piping bag with frosting. Place a cake layer on a turntable with a nonslip mat. Spread 1/2 cup frosting on top and pipe a frosting dam around the edge. Sprinkle some cookie crumbles. Place the second layer and repeat, then add the final layer.
- Apply a thin frosting layer over the cake for a crumb coat. Chill for at least 30 minutes before the final layer.
- Frost the cake generously, using an acrylic disc lined with parchment paper to spread the frosting evenly. Smooth the sides with a cake scraper. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Gently remove the disc, fill in any gaps in the frosting, and chill while preparing the cinnamon drip.
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können