Homemade Turkish delight is a blast to make, especially when it’s vegan and gluten-free! These gummy candies are soft, sweet, and flavored with lovely rosewater, all dusted in powdered sugar.
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons of cornstarch (divided)
- 2 teaspoons of rose water
- 1/2 cup + 3 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar
- Lightly oil a small 9x4-inch loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, lemon juice, and 160ml of water. Let it boil, then reduce the heat and allow it to simmer without stirring for about 15 minutes until it reaches 115C on a candy thermometer. Set the pan aside.
- In a separate small pan, mix the remaining water and five tablespoons of cornstarch. Cook and stir until it thickens, then set it aside.
- Slowly add the gelatinous mixture into the warm sugar mixture while whisking. Once combined, turn the heat to low, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. Let it cook for 40-45 minutes.
- When the mixture turns slightly yellowish, turn off the heat and add rosewater and color. Mix well, pour it into the prepared container, and let it cool overnight.
- The next day, grease a knife and cut the set mixture into small cubes. Toss these cubes in a mix of powdered sugar and the remaining cornstarch, then serve up your homemade Turkish delight!
Ich bin Karolina – die Köchin, Heimwerkerin, Bastlerin, Autorin, Fotografin und das Superhirn hinter dieser Website. Hier finden Sie einfache Rezepte und Projekte, die auch von Anfängern erfolgreich umgesetzt werden können