With this recipe, the humble banana you eat every day gets dressed up with indulgent chocolate, Snickerdoodle Cookie DELIGHTED BY and a maybe even a little sea salt!
All in a frozen treat to cool you off on sunny afternoons!
Here's how they're made:
DB BANANA BITES (GF, Vegan, Dairy-Free) 🍌
🥄 Your favorite DB flavor, we used Snickerdoodle here!
Chocolate chips (we used @lilys_sweets)
🥥 Coconut oil – this makes it easier to dip the bananas the chocolate
1. Prep your bananas – peel them and slice them into rounds about 1/4 inch thick.
2. Line two plates with parchment paper. Spread DB on a banana slice and top with another to make little banana sandwiches! Repeat until you get the desired amount of bites.
3. Place bites on the plate and put in the freezer so they can harden.
4. Once the bites have hardened, make your melted chocolate. Add chocolate chips + coconut oil to a small bowl. Microwave for one minute, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Continue stirring and microwaving until all of the chocolate is melted – this shouldn’t take more than two minutes total!
5. Take the frozen banana bites and dip them into the melted chocolate so half of each bite is coated, place them on the baking sheet. Continue until all bites have been dipped and place them back in the freezer so they can harden again. Time to enjoy!